The Jig is designed to meet the needs of prototyping and small scale production. It is very simple and inexpensive compared to professional framebuilding jigs. Unlike cheap jigs, such as the Jiggernaut, this jig is does not burn or take up moisture. It also accepts any tube shape and size. Aluminium profiles form a large part of the costs, but they are very sturdy, tolerate heat and moisture (unlike wooden jigs) and can be used for something else, too. The aluminium profiles can be sourced from separately and the custom fittings ordered on this page. We have made a complete instructable for those who want to build their own jig, but several improvements have been made since and everyone buying the fittings will get a 20-page instruction manual how to build and use the latest version of the jig. The version we sell currently is version 3. Improvements from the original instructable are:
- Easy adjustment of steering angle non-parallel to seat tube
- Different configuration for improved rear dummy axle rigidity. This was a major design flaw in the original design leading to possible misalignment of the rear dropouts and hence the rear wheel would not sit straight. Version 3 mended this.
- Easier measument of rear spacing
- Detailed user manual
- Reduced cost of aluminium profiles without loss in functionality
- Higher accuracy for the trigonometric calculations
- Improved spreadsheet
The custom fittings kit includes:
- Head tube fittings (all external cup and zero stack standards)
- Bottom bracket fittings (BSA 68 mm wide, PressFit86, PF30 68 mm wide, BBright and T47 are included as standard. BB386/BB30 fitting available for 25 EUR extra. Wider shells (73 mm & 92 mm) on request only.
- Seat tube fitting (all sizes).
- Detailed instructions how to assemble the jig and use it for framebuilding. The design has been updated since writing the instructable and it’s even more simple now and has easy adjustment of the headtube angle.
- Improved spreadsheet for easier and more accurate calculations
The kit costs 79 EUR plus shipping (25 EUR to Europe and U.S). We can also deliver a complete jig for 390 EUR plus shipping, but be aware that shipping large and heavy items is expensive (~100 EUR). The fittings are machined from 6083-T6 aluminium alloy and use M8x1.25 metric thread for fastening to the jig. We can drill out the center for non-metric bolt-and-nut solutions. Please use the order form below or drop us an e-mail if you are interested. We accept PayPal, major credit cards and wire transfer.
UPDATE: We have 40 default sets in stock and one complete jig kit.
Make an order using this form