Price and how to buy
Inside the EU: The kit costs 119 EUR (free shipping).
Outside the EU: 119 EUR + 20 EUR shipping cost.
You can order/enquire using the form at the end. Etsy and eBay listings are available, too.
What is The Jig
The Jig is designed to meet the needs of prototyping and small scale production. It is very simple and inexpensive compared to professional framebuilding jigs. The total cost is around 300 EUR/USD. Unlike cheap jigs, such as the Jiggernaut, this jig is does not burn or take up moisture. It also accepts any tube shape and size. Aluminium profiles form a large part of the costs, but they are very sturdy, tolerate heat and moisture and can be used for something else, too. The aluminium profiles should be sourced separately and the custom fittings ordered on this page. We have made a complete instructable for those who want to build a similar jig, but several improvements have been made since then and everyone buying the fittings will get a 20-page instruction manual how to build and use the latest version of the jig. The version we sell currently is version 4 (2022). Improvements from the original instructable are:
- Easy adjustment of steering angle non-parallel to seat tube
- Different configuration for improved rear dummy axle rigidity. This was a major design flaw in the original version which made it difficult to align the rear dropouts. Version 3 mended this.
- Easier measurement of rear spacing
- Detailed user manual
- Cheaper aluminium extrusions without loss in functionality
- Higher accuracy for the trigonometric calculations
- Improved spreadsheet
- Wider (73/92 mm) BB shells easy to use
- One stepped headtube fitting for all common external and zero-stack cup (EC&ZS) headsets and one conical fitting covering all other use-cases. The seattube fitting is identical, which adds versatility.
What is included in the kit
The fittings are CNC machined from 7075-T6 aluminium alloy and use M8x1.25 metric thread for fastening to the jig. The contents of the kit:
- Stepped headtube fitting (all external cup and zero stack standards) + one conical fitting for other standards
- Seattube fitting conical 20-59 mm (identical to the other HT fitting)
- Bottom bracket fittings for BSA68/73, PressFit86/92, PF30 68/73 mm wide, BB386/BB30, BBright and T47
- Access to customer section with:
- Detailed instructions how to assemble the jig and use it for framebuilding
- Improved spreadsheet for easier and more accurate calculations
- Files for printing gauge block that help setting the center plane at the proper distance from the aluminium extrusions
- Please note: THE ALUMINIUM EXTRUSIONS ARE NOT INCLUDED! You can source these locally far cheaper, due to shipping charges of heavy and bulky items.
Fill in the form below and we’ll be in touch with you within 24 hours. If you don’t hear from us, then there must have been some technical error and you can reach us via email@example.com
Make an order using this form